A downloadable game for Windows and Mac OS X
Cubotrox® presents an innovative gameplay into puzzle videogames, similar to Tetris, but you can rotate the board and compose abstract and figurative forms. Moreover, it expects a real “old-school" challenge for the player, using a “retro-futuristic-neon" visual style and “synth-retro-wave" music, composed by Pablo Martín Atanes.
The gameplay is as follows: there is a board with cell and a watermark picture on the background; colored cubes are falling from the 4 ortho directions; and the game's goal is to match the background picture. So, to do this the player can catch & drop the falling cubes, rotate them, even rotate the full board.
The game progression is based on the classic level chart. At each level, there are several disturbing elements against player: limited movement, limited time, falling down frequency of cubes… By this way, the difficulty grade is increased at each higher level. If the player reaches the target score for a level he wins “cubotroxes", which can be exchanged by booster or in-game gifts.
- Innovative gameplay mechanic
- Highly addictive
- Real old-school challenge
- Retro-futuristic-neon visual style
- Synth-retro-wave music
- Hundreds of level (total number is not yet established)
- Extra endless mode (find your personal limit)
- Global world ranking for level mode and endless mode
- Share your scores with your friend
- Play on keyboard, mouse or even touch screen
- Win “cubotroxes" and exchange them by boosters or gifts
Cubotrox® is the first work from The Barberians Game Studio. It's composed by Jose Barberà Pastor as designer, programmer and artis; and Toni Barberà Pastor as promotion, social media and PR.
- press kit: http://cubotrox.com/press/sheet.php?p=cubotrox
- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: http://www.cubotrox.com
- facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cubotrox
- twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cubotrox
Cubotrox® is registered trademark in Spain.
The first alpha playable demo of CUBOTROX is alvailable now. It's an alpha & demo (limited content) version, but fully playable, so you can get the same experience than final release. With this demo, we want to disclose our game, seek the vote on Greenlight, and if possible, get opinions, reviews and feedback to polish the game properly.
For novel players, we highly recommend to start using gamepad. It's easier to start playing. The keyboard & mouse are recommended for master players.
Moreover, we recommed to map the gamepad by this way:
|Published||136 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Author||The Barberians Game Studio|
|Tags||Arcade, cube, Neon, pc, puzzle, Retro, rubik, Singleplayer, skill, tetris|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any), Touchscreen|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial, Textless|
Click download now to get access to the following files: